On 22nd of April the world celebrates Earth day. It’s an annual event since 1970 and has the most important significance – demonstrating support for environmental protection.
Earth Day now includes a wide range of events coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network including 1 billion people in more than 193 countries. The very Earth Day was focused on the United States but then Denis Hayes, the original national coordinator in 1970, took it international and organized events in 141 nations. Every Earth Day drives a year of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to create a new plan of action for our planet. It has tons of important purposes including raising people’s awareness in different topics connected to nature, pollution, people’s contribution from their everyday life and etc. Climate Action, Science and Education, People and Communities, Conservation and Restoration, Plastic and Pollution. These 5 topics are into the long term focus areas.
I’ve always said that the one thing that we, all, have in common and must is that we should take care of our planet. It’s not that we need to make huge changes or something, there are some tips we can follow and help for the environment, even for our health. EARTHDAY.ORG is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement for change. Their vision for change includes:
,,Don’t underestimate your power. When your voice and your actions are united with thousands or millions of othersaround the world, we create a movement that is inclusive, impactful, and impossible to ignore.”
From my point of view, protecting our planet starts with us and by doing few things that are part of everyday life we can make a huge contribution to the Earth.
- Waste sorting, that I’ve just started and I’m so proud of, is the process by which waste is separated into different elements and this process is really important. Reduce, reuse, and recycle!
- The less water we use, the less runoff and wastewater that eventually end up in the ocean. So we can take shorter showers, skip baths and be helpful.
- It would be amazing if we Shop wisely and buy less plastic and use canvas shopping bags instead.
- Use long-lasting, fluorescent light bulbs and flip the light switch off when we leave the room. Turn off our computer at night.
- Plant a tree – trees provide food and oxygen, they help save energy, clean the air, and help combat climate change.
- Last but not least, drive less – use a bike or just walk, it’s even better for our health.
Of course there are more and more, tons of sample things I would say that we should take care of and do to protect the Earth. As for me, I’m really trying my best to be the worthy liver of our planet and trying to make my own contribution to it, a small one but still. So my advice for u is to try your best to protect our planet, cause it starts with YOU!
BTW, my fridge looks like this:)